Monday, October 27, 2008

things i should be doing instead


i should be doing other things (didn't i mention in the last blog entry i made a promise to myself to devote time to my artwork?). but i'd rather sit here in the cool, dark room, blogging. listening to background noise of the football game the other half is watching. listening to pip whine and fredo purr. enjoying the sound the keys make as i type. i don't want to do anything else right now. i am content typing in the dark with the glow of the computer to guide me (though i am sure an optometrist would scold me). as i sit here i am imagining it raining outside. kind of like the imaginings of a child. instead it was another cooker today; but i'll still think of rain. i should be cleaning out my book bag and purse, purging them of miscellaneous notes, and totally taking advantage of my new personal assistant, sandy (you might have heard of her). i should be locating my sample ballot so that i can vote on tuesday. i should be making lunches for tomorrow so i don't have to do it in the morning. i should be writing lesson plans so i am not scrambling to gather materials. i should be labeling the spices that i moved from the cabinet into the drawer (side labels are no longer useful). i should be finishing the last load of laundry from yesterday, returning phone calls, going to yoga, working on my art, planning the rest of the week's menu, and ordering my halloween costume. i'm not stressing; it will all get done. right now i'd rather sit here in the dark, listening to the rain.

1 comment:

Bruce Anderson said...

well, if it will make you feel any better - last night it rained all night, today it rained all day, cold and 40 degrees! Argh! I sit here in my house in rural france with the fire going and cd playing (since we have no television or radio) and I wish it was sunny and warm. My blood has thinned and I'm cold. Sometimes it's good to just blog, zone out typing....there will always be things to do, things to take care of, things to catch up on....