Friday, October 10, 2008

those wascally wabbits...and other critters of note...


oil sensor light update...here goes...

i brought my car in for the light, asked what it could be, and was given three possibilities...one: the sensor went sour (not a common problem, but would be covered under warranty); two: i bottomed-out in my travels (um, yeah...NO); three: a rodent nibbled at my wires. ding ding ding! door number three won me a three hundred and sixty four dollar not-covered-under-warranty expense. apparently living out in the country (well it certainly ain't the city) brings with it living with country mice...or so i thought. my very nice service advisor told me about a woman who had this happen four times to her car (same model as mine) and it led her to extensive research...put a bag of potpourri in the splash pan (directly below the wiring harness that was nibbled) and the fragrance bouquet drives the critters away. well, i could have done this but was oh so worried about the sachet catching fire. this led me to my own extensive research (thank you fellow audi forum members who post TOTALLY unhelpful pics of cats armed with rifles--an apparent joke to kill the rodents--simply OUT OF THE QUESTION); such research options included moth balls (poisonous), fox urine powder (unavailable immediately), mouse traps (um, yeah...NO), or a very spicy cayenne pepper granule (i chose the latter and sprinkled it under my car last night). how did i choose this? well, according to my research, the rodent in question isn't such...it's a lovely little conejo (yes, i live on a street with conejo in the name, and fyi, conejo=bunny rabbit). thanks. apparently audi oil wiring uses soy in the plastic, an attractive feeding choice for my furry neighbors. hopefully (fingers, toes, arms, legs, eyes seriously crossed) this will fix the problem.

other critters of note...pip and fredo (aka total pains in the asses aka my cats)...why must fredo pee on the leg of the couch, right next to his litter box? because pip stinks it up! more research underway for this problem.

1 comment:

Bruce Anderson said...

i'm glad you went with cayenne pepper idea and all of here are crossing everything possible it won't happen again. If Dashell was there, he'd scare your rabbit away.

bonne chance.