Friday, September 5, 2008

flip flop

I live in flip flops and if I could go barefoot, I probably would. I KNOW how detrimental filp flops are to one's health...particularly back pain, foot pain, and who knows what else. Trouble is, there are no flip flops I've found that support the foot while looking great. This isn't to say that my flip flop collection is so super fabulous. But the ones I have, I love. I've been thinking of going back to a Birkenstock...the ones I lived in through most of high school and college. My concern, as an adult living in Los Angeles, is the look of the shoe. How superficial. Especially in light of all the other things I could be blogging about right now or focusing my energy on away from this computer of mine. The Birk makes a pretty stylish looking shoe, but is it what I am after? Which then makes me second guess it altogether. If I'm not sold immediately I give it some thought. Clearly I am giving it some thought. And still thinking about it, I haven't made a decision. It seems my mental state matches my fashion state. To flip or to flop?

No comments: