Tuesday, September 2, 2008

gustav, goals, and gameshows

I figure now that I started a blog over my oh-so-restful-making-me-overly-ambitious holiday weekend, I might as well keep up with it. Thank goodness Gustav passed. Now we just have to think positively about the remaining days of hurricane season. And assess what impact Gustav had on the Gulf. Just because it didn't leave the same impact as Katrina in scope, doesn't mean it left no impact whatsoever. Oh the Gulf... Next on agenda...donate more to the Arbor Day Foundation to plant native trees in the hopes of lessening the impact from the carbon emissions from the decaying trees that fell AND get someone to better effectively implement contraflow...why would people want to leave under a mandatory evacuation if it takes many, MANY, MANY hours to leave? With this in mind, I've decided to create a list of my big picture goals...and they're big...for me, at least. (The creation of this list stems from a conversation with a very good friend this morning...so thank you tw...if you're reading).

do more for humanity, particularly the united states (this includes supporting local businesses, planting trees, being an advocate for the arts in schools, better educating myself so i can better educate others,...) if anyone has any insight on how to become a philanthropist without having been born into millions, i'm all ears

read at least for 30 minutes a day, if not more (currently reading "The Billionaire Who Wasn't", perhaps this will give me insight to a career in philanthropy (for me, starting at the age of 30 in today's society...so far, insightful but not user friendly for application...i'm hopeful...is there "Philanthropy for Dummies" out there anywhere?)

go to yoga EVERYDAY. i LOVE it! the hard part for me is getting to a class near my house at the end of a busy day and a long commute before making dinner packing lunches cleaning up figuring out what to wear tomorrow so i don't have to do it in the morning before another long commute while also wanting to read for at least 30 minutes and become a philanthropist. 'nough said.

there are more goals which include working on my artwork, writing a book (sort of), going to the beach at least once a week, getting outside more, cataloguing my music (and adding to it), keeping up with this blog, carpooling, oh yeah, and buying a house IMMEDIATELY.

i guess i could check off "keeping up with this blog" and feel proud to have accomplished that goal for today at least. now i shall turn off the tv on which the the gameshow "wipeout" has been playing. granted, it's entertaining background noise, but come on, let's get real...who comes up with this stuff? 'nough said. now i have time to read.

No comments: