Thursday, September 18, 2008

to do lists: a blessing in disguise


along with acronyms, my life revolves around to-do lists. why do i have so much to do? do i bring this upon myself? are these items really what i need to-do? such things include: pay bills, food shop (followed by a list of items, not all of which can be purchased at the same store--for example, there's the farmer's market list, the whole foods list, the cvs list), go to post office, clean out car (as i seem to live a good chunk of my life in there), go to yoga, call so and so, clean house, do laundry...and these are the daily to-do's...the ones before the bigger ones--follow-up on recent projects (i.e. home buying/mortgage brokering), work on a business plan, have a yard sale (including cleaning out storage)...and the even bigger ones--travel to greece, to italy, to france, to spain, to jamaica, to greenland, to sweden, to iceland, to south africa...

didn't i already blog about lists? goals? what's the difference between a goal and a to-do? for me, the immediate to-do's are check-offable...and the last entry on each one off my lists? check all other lists. as if i am going to forget to food shop or pay bills, leading me to believe that i do bring this work upon myself. at least for the time being i am avoiding my list (though addressing a goal) and leaving the dishes in the sink, the living room unswept, and the bills unpaid while i enjoy the now not-so-daily blog, as originally intended. perhaps if i gave up my to-do's, i'd be able to blog daily. but then really, who has that much to say? so to readers out there, be thankful for my to-do's or i just might be blogging about even more uninteresting stuff than i already am.

No comments: